Sunday, May 16, 2010

Stampaholic's 10 Minute Challenge

I think Master Blaster got his feelings hurt last week.  I couldn't find him.  I looked on the table, I looked in the kitchen, and I looked in my stamp room.  He was no where to be found. So, I had to recruit Big Tex to fill in for this week's 3D challenge with the Stampaholics. So, meet Big Tex:

For the 3D challenge, we were given 30 minutes which I blew, of course. 41 minutes and 31 seconds

My niece, Jenny, graduated from college Friday, so I decided to make this gift card holder for her.  I used one of the skinny tins that Stampin' Up! had on the Clearance Rack earlier this year.
I was at 27 minutes and 40 seconds, when I decided to stamp the image again, color the flowers and mount them with dimensionals!  But you gotta understand, it's for J-E-N-N-Y, and I would say she is my most favoritest niece except that one of my other nieces might see this post and get their feelings hurt! LOL... I used the Elements of Style stamp set on the outside.  I also decided to add some dazzling diamonds and use a little Melon Mambo marker to add a few darker spots to the flowers.  Can you see the pattern from the lattice embossing folder I used on the whisper white pane?

The inside of the tin looks like this.
I took my own pictures this time so some of them didn't turn out too good. Sorry.  This was really pretty on the inside.  Jenny loves pink, and I really love the way the melon mambo, basic black and whisper white look together.  The little pocket on the inside is where I tucked her gift card from Barnes and Noble.  She loves to read, so I'm sure she will find something she wants! (I hate to tell you that I stopped Big Tex from ticking after I finished the front of my project.  I didn't want to EMBARRASS myself by taking 2 hours again.  So all of the inside was done off the clock, umm... I mean timer.) I used Rough Type to spell her name, Elements of Style on the pocket and Well Scripted for the greeting.

I thought you might want to see what my work space looks like after I finish a project so I took this picture for you.  Pretty messy, huh?
.
 I have two more pictures to share with you of my project.
 
I've been a little under the weather this weekend, so be kind and leave me a comment.

And YESTERDAY, was my BIRTHDAY, so you need to be extra, extra nice to me, cause I spent almost the whole day in bed!  I have a few things to share later this week so be sure to check back!
Thanks for stoppin' by!





3 comments:

  1. This is so darling and what a great idea. I am always looking for a different way to package a gift card. Sorry you spent your birthday in bed. I hope you are feeliing better now.

    Carey Rogers
    aka Roscoe's mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Darla, your project is absolutely beautiful and she will love it.
    Your workspace looks like mine, I think the messier the space, the more creative we are.
    I hope you are feeling better now and sorry you spent your birthday in bed.
    Big birthday hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouh la la Darla
    sorry I missed you last week I was out of town all weekend
    Great 3D project you did and really nice details on your post as well!
    Beautifully done
    Happy Belated birthday sorry that you were not feeling well!
    Thank you for playing along

    ReplyDelete