Friday, May 21, 2010

10 Minute Challenge - A Color Challenge

Welcome to my humble abode…ummm…I mean blog…he he

Today is the 10 Minute or Less Challenge with Sandi, Carole’Anne and the Stampaholics. You can find the challenge requirements HERE. So this week’s challenge is a color challenge. We were to use soft suede, pretty in pink, chocolate chip and whisper white for our challenge. I chose to do a card this week, and here is what I came up with.

Stamp set:  Watercolor Trio
Card base: 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 pretty in pink card stock (side fold)
Mat panel: 4 x 5-1/4 soft suede card stock
Mat panel: 3-5/8 x 5-1/16 whisper white card stock
DSP strip: 1-1/4 x 3-5/8 Sending Love DSP strip
Art panel: 2-1/4 x 3-1/4 whisper white, 2-3/8 x 3-3/8 soft suede, 2-5/8 x 3-5//8 pretty in pink, 1 x 2-1/4 Sending Love DSP strip
Other supplies: pretty in pink satin ribbon, soft suede polka dot grosgrain ribbon, chocolate chip button (lbutton atte), linen thread, soft suede Stampin’ Write marker, dimensionals

I used the new Watercolor Trio stamp set from the Summer Mini Catalog (pg. 16). I just LOVE this set! It is so versatile and easy to use. The designer paper is the Sending Love Specialty Designer Series paper from the Occasions Mini Catalog (no longer available). I looked at several different options for designer paper before I settled on this one. Most of the DSP I had that met the color requirement was soft suede, and I just wanted something a little more “Sparkly”!


I stamped the image in pretty in pink and then used my soft suede marker to go over the leaves and stems. The greeting is stamped in chocolate chip ink. I added a chocolate chip button from the button latte collection and tied it on with some linen thread. I layered the ribbon on the left hand side of the card: pretty in pink satin ribbon topped by soft suede polka dot grosgrain ribbon.

The art and greeting panels are mounted on pretty in pink and soft suede card stock and popped up on dimensionals.

I want to say thank you to Sandi and Carey for stopping by last week to see my 3D project. If you missed it last week, you can see it HERE. It was for my niece and she loved it, so I guess I did something right!

I apologize for not being able to respond to everyone’s comments. Unless you have your email or web address set up in your on-line profile, it's hard for me to email you to let you how much I appreciate you stopping by!  But I do enjoy reading your comments! he he...So don’t forget to leave one to let me know you were here.

Thanks for stopping by!

Darla



6 comments:

  1. So lovely and soft. Great job!
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super duper beautiful
    I really love the look of this stamp
    you did such a nice job on this card
    way to go!
    thank you ever so much for playing along

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, Darla. You did a nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, Darla. The Watercolor Trio looks great in thesse colors. I love that you play along with our challenges each week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MOMMY! I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY! LISTEN TO YOUR MOST FAVORITEST DAUGHTER!

    1.) OK... so... I know that you're technologically retarded sometimes... (I'm too far away to spank for saying that... hehe) but whatever you're doing between taking the pictures and editing them with the watermark thingy... you're shrinking the size of the image so we can't see all the beautiful details. I like clicking on the picture and getting a bigger image than what your last 2 posts have had. If you need help, you CAN call me... you do have brilliant offspring, you know! :P

    2.) You didn't brag about your stamping birthday presents! ***Feeling unloved now!*** :(

    3.) ALSO... I think I will offer up a stamping-related challenge to you. Big Tex... well... he doesn't look Texan enough to live up to such a name. I would love to see him with a hat, or maybe horns, or cowboy boots or spurs. He would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!

    I love you crazy mommy!

    ReplyDelete